Radiation Sessions 28-30



*I wrote this entry and forgot to post it! Here is a late entry. As of 10/5, I finished radiation!


    I have THREE more radiation sessions! I am very ready to be done with radiation. I’m ready to not have to wake up early and drive to the West Cancer Center everyday. I’m ready for my skin to heal and not be burnt and peeling. I’m ready to have my energy back and not be tired all the time.



    Thankfully, these last five sessions are called boosts and I am only receiving radiation in a very targeted area. Before I started treatment, I got three small dot tattoos so they can line me up correctly for radiation each day. In addition to the tattoos, they also place a sticker on me to help with alignment. For my boost sessions they placed three stickers on me and told me to do my very best to keep them on for the last five sessions. This is actually quite hard. Especially when your friends are having a pool party. I’m planning to not swim at the pool party tomorrow because I am sure that would cause the stickers to come off. I would rather miss out on swimming and have my final radiation sessions be as effective and accurate as possible.



    I have had two out of 5 of the booster sessions so far. The booster sessions are much faster and I’m very glad the rest of my skin isn’t getting radiated anymore (it is quite red and flaky). Receiving the booster radiation is probably less than a minute long. The first 25 sessions weren’t very long either but the boosters are even shorter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rambling Reflections

Life as a Cancer Survivor in 2023

What’s Next? Anastrozole, Fragility, and Awkward Interactions