Radiation and Going Back to School



    On Monday I met my radiation oncologist for the first time. Although I don’t want to go through radiation, I am thankful to be moving forward with my treatment plan. After radiation will be hormone therapy (a pill) for 5-10 years. So radiation feels like the last step in my active treatment plan. My radiation oncologist told me that I would need 5 or 6 weeks of radiation. Radiation is every day. Before I can start radiation, I have to have a CT scan. Before I can have the CT scan, I have to get preauthorization from the insurance company.

    What a year this has been. What’s crazy to me is that it hasn’t even been a year since my initial OBGYN appointment when I was sent for an ultrasound.

    Three days until I go back to teaching. I have mixed emotions for sure. I feel excited to be with children and have something else to occupy my time and thoughts. I feel nervous to jump back into something so exhausting and demanding. I’m praying I won’t get sick!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rambling Reflections

Life as a Cancer Survivor in 2023

What’s Next? Anastrozole, Fragility, and Awkward Interactions