Surgery



    My surgery was one week ago. Kind of feels like I am 50% done with active cancer treatment now that chemo and surgery are done and I have radiation and exchange surgery left. I’m hoping chemo and surgery will be the hardest parts of active treatment. It’s been a long, immobile week. My back is hurting from all the laying down I’ve been doing. I’m praying I will get the drains out, the pain will lessen, and I will be able to be more active soon.


    I’m so thankful I have had my mom, dad, and sister here with me during some of my recovery. Surgery went as well as possible and they did not find any cancer in the lymph nodes! As soon as I woke up from anesthesia, I asked my mom what the doctors said about the surgery. It was definitely a weird feeling knowing my mom knew the outcome of the surgery before I did. I sure do love anesthesia. It’s pretty amazing how one moment I can be on the surgery table, taking deep breaths, and the next moment I’m waking up in recovery post-surgery.

Comments

  1. Ouch is an understatement girl!

    Having those drains removed will make a positive difference having you feel much better.

    Tonto oxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rambling Reflections

Life as a Cancer Survivor in 2023

What’s Next? Anastrozole, Fragility, and Awkward Interactions