“Near Complete Response to Chemotherapy”



    Tomorrow is surgery day. Before the next big step of treatment, I wanted to update you all on how my tumors responded to chemo. After my last chemo I went in for an ultrasound and mammogram to check the impact of chemo on my tumors. The results showed that 4 out of 7 of the tumors completely disappeared and 3 shrunk significantly! My doctor said that typically my type of cancer (hormone positive) does not respond well to chemo so this was great news.


    So tomorrow I have surgery to do all we can so these tumors never come back. After I have recovered well from surgery I will have radiation.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rambling Reflections

Life as a Cancer Survivor in 2023

What’s Next? Anastrozole, Fragility, and Awkward Interactions