Chemo Round 8: FINAL CHEMO

 


    I did it. I finished chemotherapy. And so far, my side effects from Taxol have not been as bad as they were with Adriamycin. I felt very tired after infusion yesterday but seeing my friends gather for my bell ringing brought me a lot of energy. And today, the day after infusion, I’m feeling good! The main side effect I’ve had from Taxol is bone pain. I’m very much looking forward to my “No Mo Chemo” party that I’m planning for next weekend.


    Yesterday was a long day at the West Cancer Center. I arrived at 7am and did not leave my infusion chair until 3:30. 7 rounds of chemotherapy have taken their toll on my veins. They had a hard time getting my IV in yesterday so that started the day off rough. They ended up putting the IV in a vein in my forearm. Knowing it was my last chemo definitely gave me some extra strength to endure.


    This week was long and both physically and emotionally draining. I was at the doctors four different times this week. It was the last week of school with students. The shooting in Uvalde. There were several things that happened to get me down. But there were also so many gifts. Encouraging words from faculty at my school, students, and their parents. Supportive friends who check in, send care packages, and show up for my bell ringing. This journey has continued to teach me how joy is a choice and something that I will continue to fight for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rambling Reflections

Life as a Cancer Survivor in 2023

What’s Next? Anastrozole, Fragility, and Awkward Interactions