Chemo round 5








    Friday, April 15 was my fifth round of chemo. I hate chemo. I hate that just thinking about chemo makes me nauseous. But, in some ways I’m thankful for chemo because, per ultrasound and mammogram on March 28, my tumors are shrinking. I was thankful to hear that chemo wasn’t just making me feel sick but that it was doing its job to shrink the tumors.

    One positive about chemo round 5 was having my brother with me. He has come with me to the past 3 chemos and I’m so thankful.

    Same routine as usual when we got to the cancer clinic – I went for bloodwork and to have my IV put in. Having an IV has not gotten easier for me. It still hurts and I dread it every time. But, I’m thankful my veins have held up and I haven’t needed a port.

    This was my shortest chemo yet. We were at the clinic for about four hours. After chemo, we got food from a food truck outside, got smoothies from smoothie king, and went on a nice long walk. I didn’t throw up at all after round 5! Just lots and lots of sleeping.

Comments

  1. You are getting through this! Thank you for sharing and keeping to inspire us. ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rambling Reflections

Life as a Cancer Survivor in 2023

What’s Next? Anastrozole, Fragility, and Awkward Interactions