Chemo Round 4

 


    I had round 4 of chemotherapy on Friday. I’m thankful to be alert enough to write this post now. Honestly, the thought of chemo makes me nauseous now. I’ve been staying on top of the meds this time so I’m praying the nausea doesn’t stay around as long this time. I guess I’ve had enough chemo treatments now to be at the point where just the thought of it makes me nauseous. I didn’t expect to get to the point of having certain memories of experiences make me nauseous.

    My brother came with me to my fourth round of chemo. I had labs at 7:30 and they called me back for infusion around 8:35. Getting poked and having an IV put in has still not gotten easier for me. I am thankful that my veins have stayed strong and I haven’t had to have a port put in. I’m praying that continues to be the case for my last four treatments.

    Rewind update: On Monday, March 28 I had an appointment with my surgeon. I had a mammogram and an ultrasound done to see the affect chemo is having on my tumors. Praise God the tumors are shrinking! When they told me the news I was mainly feeling like, “they better be shrinking. Isn’t that why I’m doing chemo?” It didn’t necessarily feel like celebratory news to me. But, I’m learning to take every piece of good news as a win.

    Back to chemo round 4 – unfortunately, this was the first chemo that I felt nauseous during the treatment. Last chemo it hit me a few hours later once I was home. This time I felt nauseous and had a headache during treatment. I’m not sure how much of this nausea was simply thinking about chemo and going through it vs. nausea caused by the drugs. I’m beginning to think the first bits of nausea were due to just thinking about chemo and having the cold cap on my head.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rambling Reflections

Life as a Cancer Survivor in 2023

What’s Next? Anastrozole, Fragility, and Awkward Interactions