Chemo #3



    It has been three weeks since my last chemo, and with all the fun things happening I kind of forgot I was going through chemotherapy. It’s kind of terrible how chemo knocks you out and you slowly recover only to get knocked down again. The time in between treatments feels like a tease. While I was at the beach, I was dreading the coming of Friday because it meant I would feel sick all over again.

    For chemo #3 I was joined by my brother. Like normal, I had my bloodwork done and then we waited to be called back for infusion. Once I had been called back for infusion, we waited some more. Apparently, the wait was because of the change in my treatment plan.

    Because I had an allergic reaction to Taxotere during chemo round 2, they switched my treatment plan to new drugs. The new plan was to do 2 rounds of Adriamycin and Cytoxan (AC), 2 rounds of Adriamycin, and 2 rounds of Taxol. Each round is now spaced 2 weeks apart instead of 3 weeks apart. My new end date is May 27. I was definitely bummed to hear this news because when I had chemo every three weeks, I usually had about a week of feeling good.

    The new drug I was starting during chemo round 3 (Adriamycin), has been known to affect the heart. So the waiting time I experienced was because they were trying to get in touch with my doctor to ask if I needed to have an echocardiogram before I started the drug. My doctor scheduled an echocardiogram for next week and told the nurses to proceed with my infusion.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rambling Reflections

Life as a Cancer Survivor in 2023

What’s Next? Anastrozole, Fragility, and Awkward Interactions