Health is Wealth



I’m not sure how many of you have heard much about the side effects of chemotherapy. One thing is for sure – my immune system is about to become weak. So I’m doing everything I can to strengthen my body as much as I can.

Here are some of my goals based on studies proving that white cells react to food intake, the environment, physical activity, and emotional state:

  • Eat grass-fed, organic animal products
  • Eat more salmon
  • Eat more turmeric
  • Eat more sweet potatoes
  • Eat more blueberries, cherries, and raspberries
  • 1 glass of red wine a day :)
  • Eat least contaminated fruits and vegetables: bananas, oranges, tangerines, pineapple, grapefruit, watermelon, plums, kiwi, mangoes, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, tomatoes, avocados, brussel sprouts, spinach
  • Drink more green tea
  • Spend 20 to 30 minutes of physical activity per day (even if it’s just a walk)
  • Expose yourself to sunlight for 20 minutes each day
  • Practice yoga
  • Eat mediterranean and Indian cuisine
  • Laugh as much as possible

Please join me in building up our immune systems and taking care of our bodies! 

It has only been 44 days since my diagnosis, but so far on this journey of healing from breast cancer the phrase “health is wealth” has taken on a whole new meaning. Please don’t take your health for granted. I know I have come to be thankful for so much more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rambling Reflections

Life as a Cancer Survivor in 2023

What’s Next? Anastrozole, Fragility, and Awkward Interactions