Frozen Mini Mes

 


    My mom came with me at 8:30am to freeze my eggs on Friday, January 14. 


    I finished the self-injection process after 7 days, which was sooner than I expected! I was thrilled because, even after 7 days of practice giving myself a shot in the morning and evening, I still didn’t enjoy it. Getting to harvest my eggs earlier than expected was a win. Really, the timing of all this is a win. I am so thankful there was a cancellation at the fertility doctor so I could get in last Thursday. I am thankful for where I was at in my cycle to be able to go through this fertility process and egg harvesting before chemo begins.


    Not only has the process included giving myself shots in the morning and night, it has also included taking three 7:30am trips to the fertility doctor for bloodwork and an ultrasound.


    I am still amazed and shocked by how fast all of this has gone. 8 days ago I first met the fertility doctor and discussed my options. Now, I’ve been through the egg retrieval process.


    Today’s appointment went smoothly! I changed into the hospital gown, put on some socks with stickies on the bottom, and put all my hair into a hair net. An IV was stuck into my hand to first just give me fluids. I moved into the operating room and don’t remember anything at all after they gave me the sedation drugs.


    I feel extremely thankful for all the people who have supported me through this process. I also feel proud of myself and all the obstacles I’ve overcome so far. I believe these feelings of thankfulness for community and being proud of myself go hand in hand. The support I have received has given me strength to do hard things and keep pressing on.


    They were able to remove 10 eggs and I am thankful to have this as a backup plan. Feeling super grateful to have some mini mes on ice. Fun fact (or maybe not so fun because it’s more $$): I now have to pay annual rent for these mini mes in their icebox home :)


    Now I can worry less about infertility caused by chemo and focus on getting through chemo.

Comments

  1. Keeping you in my daily prayers that God will strengthen you in your journey each day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rambling Reflections

Life as a Cancer Survivor in 2023

What’s Next? Anastrozole, Fragility, and Awkward Interactions